Sunday 4 July 2010

Oh-Oh-Oh Obama

Let Tom Jones say it all:

I saw the light on the night that I passed by his window

I saw the flickering shadows of love on his blind
He was my man
As he deceived me I watched and went out of my mind
My, my, my, Obama
Why, why, why, Obama
I could see that guy was no good for me
But I was lost like a slave that no man could free
At break of day when that man drove away, I was waiting
I cross the street to his house and he opened the door
He stood there laughing
I felt our votes in my hand and he laughed no more
My, my, my Obama
Why, why, why Obama
So before they come to break down the door
Forgive me Obama I just couldn't take any more

I backed Obama's sucker campaign, and on the day he was elected I celebrated like almost everyone, worldwide. I can remember the euphoria. We were all gamed by the system he played.

On his very first day as president, he:
-vowed to close Guantanamo by January 1 2010 - not done
-appointed a special envoy to sort out the Israel/Palestine problem - not done

I can't remember what else he said on that inspiring inauguration day, or in his campaign before that, but several promises have gone missing: 
- Health Care - The US is still the only advanced country that doesn't give free health care to all its citizens. Instead, there's a Bill that gives more to Big Pharma and health insurance crooks.
- Financial Reform - Obama inherited a huge mess from the previous 30 years' relaxation of any rules, but has only added to the basic mess. He inherited a depression, and is making it worse.

No comments: